All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe success of foreign language teaching at meeting the challenges of the present and the future depends on its ability to establish itself as a scientific discipline in its own right. There are profound consequences of this conviction in research strategies as well as in modelling its research subject matter. The author starts with the question: what is an automous empirical discipline? Next she elaborates a set of guidelines to be used in model selection and design. Major models of second language acquisition are reviewed and evaluated from this perspective. In the next part of the book the author uses these criteria to develop a model which would match the empirical and automous requirements selected at the beginning of the work.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Maria Dakowska is a faculty member at the Institute of Applied Linguistics, Warsaw University, specializing in the theory of language teaching. She also takes a great interest in all aspects of teacher training. Apart from publishing many articles in scholarly journals at home and abroad, she has become known through her influential monograph Functions of Linguistics in Didactic Models and Processes. She spent two years in the US researching second language models as well as teaching foreign language methodology.
- Author(s)Maria Dakowska
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/12/1995
- Series TitleFls - Foreign Language Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1996
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note15 fig.
- Weight270 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.