Models of Opportunity: How Entrepreneurs Design Firms to Achieve the Unexpected by Gerard George, Adam J. Bock (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEntrepreneurship is changing. Techlogy and social networks create a smaller world, but widen the opportunity horizon. Today's entrepreneurs build organisations and create value in entirely new ways and with entirely new tools. Rather than just exploit new ideas, invative entrepreneurs design organisations to make sense of unlikely opportunities. The time has come to overhaul what we kw about entrepreneurship and business models. Models of Opportunity links scholarly research on business models and organisational design to the reality of building entrepreneurial firms. It provides actionable advice based on a deeper understanding of how business models function and change. The six insights extend corporate strategy and entrepreneurship in a completely new direction. Case studies of invative companies across industries demonstrate how visionary entrepreneurs achieve unexpected results. The insights, tools and cases, provide a fresh perspective on emerging trends in entrepreneurship, organisational change and high-growth firms.
- Author BiographyGerry George is Professor and Deputy Head of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Imperial College London, where he also serves as Director of the Rajiv Gandhi Centre facilitating its strategic commitments in India for joint research, technology commercialisation and educational programmes. He is Professorial Fellow of the UK's Economic and Social Research Council and Associate Editor of the Academy of Management Journal. He serves on the boards of high technology companies and is actively engaged in guiding start-ups and large companies on technology venturing and entrepreneurship. Adam J. Bock is Lecturer in Entrepreneurship at the University of Edinburgh Business School. He is also an experienced entrepreneur and venture financier. He co-founded three medical device companies and managed three angel investor networks in the United States, facilitating more than $10 million of investment into start-up companies. His research focuses on how innovative entrepreneurs create extraordinary companies. He is the co-author of 'Entrepreneurship in the Research Context' (2009), a web-based e-learning course for nascent scientist entrepreneurs.
- Author(s)Adam J. Bock,Gerard George
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/02/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note24 b/w illus. 18 tables
- Weight510 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.