All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMillions of procedures requiring sedation are performed each year; many occur outside of the operating room in both inpatient and outpatient settings. This tremendous growth has resulted in sedation being administered by a wide range of healthcare providers, including n-anesthesiologist physicians, nurses and nurse practitioners. Moderate and Deep Sedation in Clinical Practice is a concise, practical handbook for all medical and surgical professionals who sedate patients. This up-to-date, evidence based, 'how to' manual will: * Tell you how to evaluate patients * Update you on relevant pharmacology * Advise you on sedation for specific populations: elderly, pediatric, ICU, emergency room, endoscopy and reproductive techlogies * Guide you on legal and quality assurance issues Written and edited by experts in procedural sedation and sedation education, this book will help users develop safer techniques, policies and procedures. Essential reading for any healthcare provider administering moderate or deep sedation.
- Author BiographyRichard D. Urman, MD, MBA is Assistant Professor of Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School, Director of Procedural Sedation Management and Co-Director, Center for Perioperative Management and Medical Informatics, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts. Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, DABPM is Chairman and Director of Pain Services, Department of Anesthesiology, and Professor of Pharmacology, LSU School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/02/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note38 b/w illus.
- Weight570 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byAlan D. Kaye,Richard D. Urman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.