Moderating Usability Tests: Principles and Practices for Interacting by Beth Loring, Joseph S. Dumas (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.32Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $48.48+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany aspects of usability testing have been thoroughly studied and documented. This isn't true, however, of the details of interacting with the test participants who provide the critical usability data. This omission has meant that there have been training materials and principles from which new moderators can learn how to interact. Moderating Usability Tests is the place for new and experienced moderators to learn about the rules and practices for interacting that have never been described in one place before. Authors Dumas and Loring draw on their combined 40 years of usability testing experience to develop and present the most effective principles and practices - both practical and ethical --for moderating successful usability tests. To help usability professionals, students, and vices understand these principles, the authors provide videos from their lab that demonstrate good and poor interaction as well as commentary from a panel of testing experts on why certain techniques succeed or fail. The videos are accessible from the publisher's companion web site. . Presents the ten golden rules that maximize every session's value . Offers targeted advice on how to maintain objectivity . Discusses the ethical considerations that apply in all usability testing . Explains how to reduce the stress that participants often feel . Considers the special requirements of remote usability testing . Demonstrates good and bad moderating techniques with laboratory videos accessible from the publisher's companion web site
- Author BiographyJoe Dumas is a recognized expert in usability evaluation. He has 25 years experience as a usability professional. He as moderated or observed others moderate thousands of usability testing sessions and taught numerous students and usability professionals how to moderate. He is the author of A practical guide to usability testing (with Ginny Redish), Designing user interfaces for software, and numerous articles, both for researchers and practitioners. He is currently a Usability Consultant for Oracle Corporation. He was a Senior Human Factors Specialist at Bentley College's Design and Usability Center and taught graduate courses in the college's Human Factors in Information Design Master's Degree program. He has a Ph.D. in Cognitive Psychology.
- Author(s)Beth Loring,Joseph S. Dumas
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication09/04/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleInteractive Technologies
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight431 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.