Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive and up-to-date overview of alkyne chemistry, taking into account the progress made over the last two decades. The experienced editors are rewned world leaders in the field, while the list of contributors reads like a Who's Who of synthetic organic chemistry. The result is a valuable reference t only for organic chemists at universities and in the chemical industry, but also for biologists and material scientists involved in the modern synthesis of organic compounds and materials.
- Author BiographyProfessor Barry M. Trost obtained a Ph.D. at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, USA) and directly moved to the University of Wisconsin (USA) where he was promoted to Professor of Chemistry in 1969 and subsequently became the Vilas Research Professor in 1982. He joined the faculty at Stanford (USA) as Professor of Chemistry in 1987 and became Tamaki Professor of Humanities and Sciences in 1990. Professor Trost has received a number of awards, including the ACS Award in Pure Chemistry (1977), the ACS Award for Creative Work in Synthetic Organic Chemistry (1981), the Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung Award (1984), Arthur C. Cope Scholar Award (1989), the Belgian Organic Synthesis Symposium Elsevier Award (2000), the Nichols Medal (2000), the Yamada Prize (2001), the ACS Cope Award (2004), and the Nagoya Medal (2008). Professor Trost has been elected a Fellow of the American Academy of Sciences (1982) and a member of the National Academy of Sciences (1980). He has served as editor and on the editorial board of many books and journals, including being Associate Editor of the Journal of the American Chemical Society (1974-80). He has held over 125 special university lectureships and presented over 270 plenary lectures at national and international meetings. He has published two books and over 900 scientific articles. He edited the compendium Comprehensive Organic Synthesis consisting of nine volumes and serves on the editorial board for the reference databases Science of Synthesis (Thieme) and Reaxys (Elsevier). Professor Chao-Jun Li received his Ph.D at McGill University (Montreal, Canada) and did a NSERC Postdoctoral Fellow at Stanford University (USA). He was on the faculty at Tulane University (New Orleans, USA) until 2003. Since 2003, he has been at McGill University where he currently holds a Canada Research Chair (in Green Chemistry) and an E. B. Eddy Chair Professorship. He has published over 300 scientific publications and received numerous awards including the US Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award and the Canadian Green Chemistry and Engineering Award. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada (Academy of Science) and is an Associate Editor for Green Chemistry of the Royal Society of Chemistry (UK).
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication03/12/2014
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight1062 g
- Width177 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byBarry M. Trost,Chao-Jun Li
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.