Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionModern Antiques argues that the reinvention of the past was fundamental to the development of modernity in England during the long eighteenth century. Bringing together the fields of literary criticism, historiography, material culture studies, and book history, Kalter offers new interpretations of Dryden, Gray, and Walpole, showing how these authors appropriated contemporary historical research to create stalgic and ironic alternatives to the present-modern antiques.
- Author BiographyBarrett Kalter is associate professor of English at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- Author(s)Barrett Kalter
- PublisherBucknell University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleTransits: Literature, Thought & Culture
- Place of PublicationCranbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBucknell University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width162 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.