All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis indispensable guide to modern Arabic literature in English translation features t only a comprehensive bibliography but also chapters on fiction, drama, poetry, and autobiography, as well as a special chapter on Iraq's Arabic literature. Through focussing on Najib Mahfuz, one of Arabic Literature's luminaries, and on poetry - a major, if t the major genre of the region - Altoma assesses the progress made towards a wider reception of Arabic writing throughout the Anglophone world. Modern Arabic Literature in Translation is an invaluable tool for research and teaching - in the West, certainly, but also in the Arab world where the translation of Arabic literature into other languages has been of considerable concern for more than a century.
- Author BiographySalih J. Altoma is Professor Emeritus of Arabic and Comparative Literature at Indiana University. He has served as director of Middle Eastern Studies and chair of the Near Eastern Languages and Cultures Department. His many publications include The Yearbook of Comparative and General Literature (ed.) and On Arabic-Western Literary Relations.
- Author(s)Salih J. Altoma
- PublisherSaqi Books
- Date of Publication05/05/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSaqi Books
- Weight435 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.