All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionBiotechlogy introduces students in science, engineering, or techlogy to the basics of genetic engineering, recombinant organisms, wild-type fermentations, metabolic engineering and microorganisms for the production of small molecule bioproducts. The text includes a brief historical perspective and ecomic rationale on the impact of regulation on biotechlogy production, as well as chapters on biotechlogy in relation to metabolic pathways and microbial fermentations, enzymes and enzyme kinetics, metabolism, biological energetics, metabolic pathways, nucleic acids, genetic engineering, recombinant organisms and the production of moclonal antibodies.
- Author BiographyNathan S. Mosier is an Associate Professor in the Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering and the Laboratory of Renewable Resources Engineering at Purdue University. Mosier was also an NSF IGERT PhD Fellow from 2000 2002 at the Innovation Realization Laboratory in Krannert School of Management, and has authored case studies based on commercialization experiences for use in entrepreneurship and/or technology commercialization business school curricula. Michael R. Ladisch, a member of the National Academy of Engineering, is Distinguished Professor in the Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering at the Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, Director of the Laboratory of Renewable Resources Engineering at Purdue University, and Chief Technology Officer at Mascoma Corporation, a cellulosic biofuels company. He is coeditor of several books on biotechnology, including Harnessing Biotechnology for the 21st Century and Protein Purification, and is the author of Wiley's Bioseparations Engineering text.
- Author(s)Michael R. Ladisch,Nathan S. Mosier
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2009
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight928 g
- Width176 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.