Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionModern children's literature is currently receiving much public and critical attention. Organized to show developments in children's literature over time and across genres, this introductory guide looks at key British, American and Australian works, from picture books and texts for younger children, through to graphic vels and young adult fiction. Each chapter applies specific critical approaches, supported by explanatory boxed material and suggestions for further reading. The second edition of this established, classic text has been thoroughly revised, updated and expanded to reflect current issues in the field. It features new chapters by leading names on key topics such as can formation, psychoanalytic approaches, fantasy, and techlogy, and includes an essay on children's poetry by the former Children's Laureate, Michael Rosen.
- Author BiographyCatherine Butler is Associate Professor of English Literature at the University of the West of England, UK. Kimberley Reynolds is Professor of Children's Literature at Newcastle University, UK.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/12/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight593 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byCatherine Butler,Kimberley Reynolds
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.