All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChristianity and cultural aspirations are inevitably in tension: the combination invites a suspicion that temporal pursuits have slackened a quest for divine approbation. This text explores this tension in the context of modern Britain and America. In 15 original essays, a range of well-respected scholars examine the cultural aspirations of a broad spectrum of Christians, including Baptists, Congregationalists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Roman Catholics, and Anglicans, as they were expressed in arenas as diverse as politics, education, architecture, and sport. This volume is published in hour of Clyde Binfield, the distinguished ecclesiastical historian.
- Author BiographyDavid Bebbington is Professor of History at the University of Stirling, Scotland. Timothy Larsen is Carolyn and Fred McManis Chair of Christian Thought at Wheaton College, Illinois, USA.
- Author(s)D. W. Bebbington,Timothy Larsen
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication02/10/2003
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleLincoln Studies in Religion & Society S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.5
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Note7 b&w illustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.