All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Modern Crimes is rich with outstanding, complex characters ...It is a great story set on the streets of Leeds which is also one of the main characters, so vividly etched by the writer, who clearly loves the place.' - Nick Oldham, author of the Henry Christie mysteries 1924: Still reeling from the effects of the Great War, life in the city of Leeds is hard: poverty is rife, work is scarce and crime is becoming more sophisticated. Bravely entering this maelstrom is one of the city's first policewomen to walk the beat, the resourceful, inquisitive and practical WPC Lottie Armstrong. Eager to prove herself and determined to succeed, Lottie faces apathy from colleagues and the general public alike until she suddenly finds herself on the trail of a missing girl that leads to the underbelly of the city and to murder. As Lottie uncovers a plot involving high level corruption, CID reluctantly find they need her kwledge and people skills, but as the truth is slowly laid bare Lottie's bravery istested to its limit in a breathtaking climax.
- Author BiographyChris Nickson is the author of the Richard Nottingham series and several celebrity biographies, including Ozzy Knows Best.
- Author(s)Chris Nickson
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleLottie Armstrong Mysteries
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Weight318 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.