Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeauty, function, flair--art! Welcome to Modern Custom Guns, 2nd Edition! Noted author and firearms expert Tom Turpin once again brings the reader a celebration of today's most talented custom gun artisans. Told beautifully in both words and stunning photography, inside this completely revamped and updated second edition you'll find: * Hundreds of breathtaking photos. * The histories behind the craftmen and -women making the grade today. * How today's guilds for stockmakers, engravers, and specialists are making a difference. * Why w is the best time in history to have a custom gun made for you. * Complete artist resource listing. With a depth of understanding wrought from years of working closely with dozens of artisans, Turpin's text and photos bring the world of custom guns to life. Rarely does one find one resource that really delivers for the artists who are making their marks away from the big-box factories, who are taking their skills to levels never before imagined, and who are making both their guns and their artistry accessible to firearms enthusiasts everywhere, and t just the elite. Turpin brings them all out of their private workshops and straight to your living room armchair. Sit back, take a few evenings to read the words here and ogle the photos--then start planning out what you want your next custom gun to be.
- Author BiographyTom Turpin has been a professional writer in the outdoor industry for more than 40 years. He has several hundred published articles, four books, and substantial contributions to several more to his credit. He is presently a contributing editor to the annual Gun Digest volume, and Gun Digest recently reprinted his book Custom Guns: Mastery of Wood & Metal. An avid hunter, Tom has taken game on four continents. Retired as a lieutenant colonel from the U.S. Army, in 1986, after a 26-year career, Tom and his wife, Pauline, live and work in the wonderful high desert community of Sierra Vista, Arizona. He says the elk steaks still taste wonderful, the Scotch still provides a tranquilizing effect that adds to the pleasure of life, and, at the ripe old age of 74, he is still looking forward to his next hunt, his next story, and his next book.
- Author(s)Tom Turpin
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKrause Publications
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1007 g
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.