Modern Dim Sum: Delicious Bite-Size Dumplings, Rolls, Buns and Other Small Snacks by Liu Hoh, Loretta Liu (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description30 recipes for bite-size dumplings, rolls and wrap from China and South-east Asia. Dim Sum are tiny dishes served at the great 'yun cha' lunches found in Chinese restaurants around the world. Diners are offered their choice from trolley after trolley of amazing treats such as potsticker dumplings, spring rolls, odle wraps and crispy wontons. Going out for Chinese dim sum is a favourite brunch excursion and the clatter of the carts as the endless plates of dumplings and steamed buns that are presented is part of the experience. But sometimes a leisurely morning in your own kitchen is what beckons most. Have the best of both worlds with this collection of easy to master savoury and sweet recipes for steamed, fried and boiled bite-size dumplings, buns, wraps and rolls. Learn how to make 3 types of basic dough, work with delicate rice papers and prepare refine your knife skills to ensure that your filling ingredients are prepared well for perfect results. Ideal for sharing, whether served as a light meal, a feast or as a nibble with drinks, creating your own fresh dim sum at home is easy and rewarding. Choose from vegetable, meat and seafood options. Try steamed dumplings - Pork and Prawn Meat, Monk Vegetable and Chinese Broccoli or choose fried and grilled dim sum recipes which include Grilled Turnip Cakes, Vegetable Spring Rolls and Teriyaki Tofu.
- Author BiographyAward-winning chef Loretta Liu grew up in multicultural Singapore and was exposed to many different foods and flavours from a young age. Singaporean cuisine is strongly influenced by Chinese, Malay and Indian spices and flavours. Her love for fine food propelled her into the kitchens of the Raffles Hotel where she was schooled in classical French cooking by the likes of Pierre Gagnaire, Frederic Bau and Alain Ducasse. Moving to the UK and Loretta became a chef and teacher in Raymond Blanc's Le Manoir Aux Quat' Saisons and later taught at Jean Christopher Novelli's cookery school. In 2010, Loretta started On Cafe where she makes and supplies macarons to customers from individuals to retailers such as Harvey Nichols and Michelin-starred restaurants, including Jason Atherton's Pollen Street Social. Loretta's first book for RPS was Supercute Macarons (978-1-84975-564-1).
- Author(s)Liu Hoh,Loretta Liu
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Content Note40 x col photographs
- Weight322 g
- Width190 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.