All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionCovering the training standards for NQTs and the Induction Standards and also fully exploring issues to do with subject kwledge in learning to teach, this is the essential guide for teachers of foreign languages. Ackwledging that an essential element of a secondary teacher's identity is tied up with their subject taught, the book is divided into three sections: * framing the subject * teaching the subject * modern languages within the professional community. This book aims to provide stimulating assistance to subject specialists by helping them find ways of thinking about their specialism, how to teach with it, and how to enagage with what pupils learn through it. Written with teachers of modern foreign languages in the years of their early professional development in mind, this book is also suitable for those on PGCE courses, those in their induction year, and those in years two and three of their teaching career.
- Author BiographyNorbert Pachler is Associate Dean: Initial and Continuing Professional Development and Co-Director: Centre for Excellence for Work-based Learning for Education Professionals at the Institute of Education, University of London. Michael Evans is Senior Lecturer in Education, University of Cambridge. Shirley Lawes is part-time PGCE tutor, St Martin's College and Research Officer, Oxford University, Department of Educational Studies.
- Author(s)Michael Evans,Norbert Pachler,Shirley Lawes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/04/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones
- Weight272 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.