All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the global popularity of Japanese cuisine, it's surprise that Japanese restaurants also embody this country's unique culture and aesthetics, and many modern Japanese restaurants have sprung up all over the world. Interior design in Japan both inherits its architectural legacy and absorbs the ideas from modern design. This book, Modern Japanese Restaurant comprises numerous showcase projects various types of the contemporary interior designs of Japanese restaurants in recent years, exploring a wide variety of styles and types, including the izayaka, sushi bar, and cafe. The design case studies that feature in this beautiful book are hoped to inspire interior designers and all those who are engaged in designing the Japanese style restaurant.
- Author BiographyIetsugu Ohara was born in Kobe, Japan in 1974. After graduating from the Hyogo Technical School of Architecture, he established his architectural design office STILE in Osaka in 2002. He is known for his multi-sensory approach to design by using simple materials. He focuses on the direct sense from the construction itself and the spatial interrelation between the built environment and daily life. He believes that the environment can help to create harmony among people. Keeping in mind the basic events of life, his project highlights what is precious in this modern society so often consumed by materialism. He is an insightful and sensitive architect and embodies the Japanese philosophy through his creations. Ohara has won several design awards, including the Japanese Society of Commercial Space Designers Award, the Euro Shop / Japan Shop Excellence Award, and is the winner in the Asia Restaurant / Restaurant and Bar Design Awards (in London), 2012/13.
- PublisherImages Publishing Group Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- Place of PublicationMulgrave, Victoria
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintImages Publishing Group Pty Ltd
- Content Note500 colour, 60 b.&w.
- Weight1905 g
- Width240 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byIetsugu Ohara
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.