All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.03
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.31
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.05
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.40
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.22
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.19
About this product
- DescriptionNEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLERAn NPR Best Book of 2016An Entertainment Weekly Best Book of 2016A Slate Best Book of the YearA Washington PostNotable Fiction Pick Ms. Straub writes with such verve and sympathetic understanding of her characters. . .[An] entertaining vel. . .deftly and thoughtfully written. Michiko Kakutani, The New York Times It s Friends meets Almost Famous meets the beach read you ll be recommending all summer. TheSkimm Straub serves up a perfect slice of the zeitgeist with this entertaining vel about former college bandmates raising their precocious children while grappling with marital tensions and midlife crises. People, Named one of Summer's Best Books From the author of the New York Times bestseller The Vacationers, a smart, highly entertaining vel about a tight-knit group of friends from college and what it means to finally grow up, well after adulthood has set in.Friends and former college bandmates Elizabeth and Andrew and Zoe have watched one ather marry, buy real estate, and start businesses and families, all while trying to hold on to the identities of their youth. But thing ages them like having to suddenly pass the torch (of sexuality, independence, and the ineffable alchemy of cool) to their own offspring.Back in the band's heyday, Elizabeth put on a snarl over her Midwestern smile, Andrew let his unwashed hair grow past his chin, and Zoe was the lesbian all the straight women wanted to sleep with. Now nearing fifty, they all live within shouting distance in the same neighborhood deep in gentrified Brooklyn, and the trappings of the adult world seem to have arrived with ease. But the summer that their children reach maturity (and start sleeping together), the fabric of the adult lives suddenly begins to unravel, and the secrets and revelations that are finally let loose about themselves, and about the famous fourth band member who soared and fell without them can never be reclaimed. Straub packs wisdom and insight and humor together in a satisfying book about neighbors and siness, ambition and pleasure, the excitement of youth, the shock of middle age, and the fact that our passions be they food, or friendship, or music never go away, they just evolve and grow along with us.
- Author BiographyEmma Straub is the New York Times bestselling author of The Vacationers, Laura Lamont's Life in Pictures, and the short story collection Other People We Married. Her fiction and nonfiction have been published in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Vogue, Elle, and Conde Nast Traveler, and she is a contributing writer for Rookie. Straub's work has been published in fifteen countries.
- Author(s)Emma Straub
- PublisherPenguin Audiobooks
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Audiobooks
- Weight181 g
- Width130 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Read byJen Tullock
- Contained items statement8 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time540
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.