All listings for this product
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.87New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.05New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.23Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
About this product
- DescriptionAuthored by a man with extensive experience in salvage operations, this is a comprehensive treatment of ship salvage in all its aspects, but written in plain language. The early chapters introduce the concepts of marine salvage and explain how the parties involved in a salvage operation relate. Ship construction and naval architecture as they pertain to possible later salvage of a ship are explained, and the types of casualties are described. The fine points of surveys, salvage plans and processes, rigging, restoring buoyancy, lifting, machinery and equipment used in salvage, cargo handling, and the special aspects related to salvage of tankers are discussed in complete detail. Casualty management is also covered. The books appendices include necessary salvage contracts, sample forms, and checklists for all possible situations.
- Author(s)William I. Milwee
- PublisherCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationCentreville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note51 b/w photos, 120 illustrations
- Weight1440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine44 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.