All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionModern Optics is a fundamental study of the principles of optics using a rigorous physical approach based on Maxwell's Equations. The treatment provides the mathematical foundations needed to understand a number of applications such as laser optics, fiber optics and medical imaging covered in an engineering curriculum as well as the traditional topics covered in a physics based course in optics. In addition to treating the fundamentals in optical science, the student is given an exposure to actual optics engineering problems such as paraxial matrix optics, aberrations with experimental examples, Fourier transform optics (Fresnel-Kirchhoff formulation), Gaussian waves, thin films, photonic crystals, surface plasmons, and fiber optics. Through its many pictures, figures, and diagrams, the text provides a good physical insight into the topics covered. The course content can be modified to reflect the interests of the instructor as well as the student, through the selection of optional material provided in appendixes.
- Author BiographyB.D. Guenther received his undergraduate degree from Baylor University and his graduate degrees in Physics from University of Missouri. He has had research experience in Condensed Matter and Optical Physics. For nine years he was active in Research Management as a Senior Executive in the Army, responsible for the Physics Research sponsored by the Army. After retiring from the government Dr. Guenther held the position of Interim Director of the Free Electron Laser Laboratory and Executive Director at Fitzpatrick Center for Photonics and Communication Systems at Duke University. He has taught undergraduate Optics for over twenty years and this book is an outgrowth of that experience.
- Author(s)B. D. Guenther
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note481 illustrations
- Weight1670 g
- Width196 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.