All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRoger Scruton is one of the most widely respected philosophers of our time, whose often provocative views never fail to stimulate debate. In Modern Philosophy he turns his attention to the whole of the field, from the philosophy of logic to aesthetics, and in so doing provides us with an essential and comprehensive guide to modern thinking. Considered by many to be the best philosophical primer since Bertrand Russell's The Problems of Philosophy, this book is a must for both the student and the general reader.
- Author BiographyRoger Scruton was educated at Jesus College, Cambridge. He taught for twenty years in the department of philosophy, Birkbeck College, University of London, and is now Professor of Philosophy at Boston University, Massachusetts. He is the editor of the Salisbury Review. His works include Art and Imagination, The Aesthetics of Architecture, The Meaning of Conservatism, Sexual Desire, Modern Philosophy and The Philosopher on Dover Beach. He has written several works of fiction, including the highly acclaimed Xanthippic Dialogues.
- Author(s)Roger Scruton
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication15/01/2004
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight815 g
- Width154 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.