All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday psychometrics plays an increasingly important role in all our lives as testing and assessment occurs from preschool until retirement. This book introduces the reader to the subject in all its aspects, ranging from its early history, school examinations, how to construct your own test, controversies about IQ and recent developments in testing on the internet. In Part one of Modern Psychometrics, Rust and Golombok outline the history of the field and discuss central theoretical issues such as IQ, personality and integrity testing and the impact of computer techlogy and the internet. In Part two a practical step-by-step guide to the development of a psychometric test is provided. This will enable anyone wishing to develop their own test to plan, design, construct and validate it to a professional standard. This third edition has been extensively updated and expanded to take into account recent developments in the field, making it the ideal companion for those studying for the British Psychological Society's Certificates of Competence in Testing. Modern Psychometrics combines an up to date scientific approach to the subject with a full consideration of the political and ethical issues involved in the large scale implementation of psychometrics testing in today's highly networked society, particularly in terms of issues of diversity and internationalism. It will be useful to students and practictioners at all levels who are interested in psychometrics.
- Author BiographyJohn Rust is Director of The Psychometrics Centre at the University of Cambridge and a Senior Member of Darwin College. Susan Golombok is Professor of Family Research at the University of Cambridge, Director of the Centre for Family Research, and a Fellow of Newnham College.
- Author(s)David Stillwell,John Rust,Michal Kosinski,Susan Golombok
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.