Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionMODERN RADIO PRODUCTION, NINTH EDITION, is a current, comprehensive look at radio production and programming that integrates cutting-edge techlogies with explanations of traditional equipment and practices. A clear writing style, excellent descriptions and explanations, and attention to detail make this book easy to read and understand.
- Author BiographyFritz Messere is founding dean of the School of Communication, Media and the Arts at the State University of New York at Oswego. A member of Oswego's communication studies faculty since 1977, he is a former coordinator of its broadcasting and mass communication program and two-time department chair. Messere received both his bachelor's and master's degrees from Oswego and did post-graduate work at Cornell University. He is the co-author of five textbooks on electronic media and communication, including BROADCASTING, CABLE, THE INTERNET AND BEYOND. A nationally recognized expert on broadcasting regulation and telecommunications, Messere has served as external assistant to FCC Commissioner Mimi Wayforth Dawson, as senior fellow of the Annenberg Washington Program in Communication Policy, and on the Rural Policy Research Institute's National Experts Panel on Telecommunications. Carl Hausman is Professor of Journalism at Rowan University in Glassboro, N.J. He holds a Ph.D. from the Union Graduate School and did his post-doctoral fellowship at New York University. He is the author of 20 books, including several texts on broadcasting and journalism. His works also include investigative and explanatory books, articles, and columns, and he has appeared on a variety of talk shows including the O'Reilly Factor, ABC's World News Now with Anderson Cooper, CBS Radio's Capitol Voices, and CNN's Outlook. A former talk show host and anchor, Hausman has done voice-over work for a variety of corporate and institutional clients. His academic specialty is media ethics, and he has written two books on the subject and testified before Congress on ethics issues. Hausman served several terms as broadcast judging chair of the National Headliner Awards, one of the nation's oldest and largest programs recognizing journalism excellence. Lewis B. O'Donnell was Professor Emeritus of Communication Studies at SUNY Oswego. O'Donnell, a former president of a radio station ownership group, worked in a variety of management and performance positions in radio and television. He was awarded the Frank Stanton Fellowship by the International Radio and Television Society and he received the New York State Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching. Philip Benoit is an adjunct professor of English at Pennsylvania's Millersville University. He previously served as director of public affairs at Middlebury College in Vermont and associate vice president for communications at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, Pa. With a broad background in radio, television, and public relations, Benoit was the first director of the broadcasting academic program at SUNY Oswego. He also served as executive officer of the American Forces Network in Europe and American advisor to the Vietnamese Armed Forces Radio Network.
- Author(s)Carl Hausman,Frank Messere,Lewis B. O'Donnell,Philip Benoit
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white halftones, black & white tables, figures
- Weight690 g
- Width187 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.