All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionOver the years, I have had the opportunity to teach several regression courses, and I cant think of a better undergraduate text than this one. ( The American Statistician ) The book is well written and has many exercises. It can serve as a very good textbook for scientists and engineers, with only basic statistics as a prerequisite. I also highly recommend it to practitioners who want to solve real-life prediction problems. ( Computing Reviews ) Modern Regression Methods, Second Edition maintains the accessible organization, breadth of coverage, and cutting-edge appeal that earned its predecessor the title of being one of the top five books for statisticians by an Amstat News book editor in 2003. This new edition has been updated and enhanced to include all-new information on the latest advances and research in the evolving field of regression analysis. The book provides a unique treatment of fundamental regression methods, such as diagstics, transformations, robust regression, and ridge regression. Unifying key concepts and procedures, this new edition emphasizes applications to provide a more hands-on and comprehensive understanding of regression diagstics. New features of the Second Edition include: A revised chapter on logistic regression, including improved methods of parameter estimation A new chapter focusing on additional topics of study in regression, including quantile regression, semiparametric regression, and Poisson regression A wealth of new and updated exercises with worked solutions An extensive FTP site complete with Minitab macros, which allow the reader to compute analyses, and specialized procedures Updated references at the end of each chapter that direct the reader to the appropriate resources for further study An accessible guide to state-of-the-art regression techniques, Modern Regression Methods, Second Edition is an excellent book for courses in regression analysis at the upper-undergraduate and graduate levels. It is also a valuable reference for practicing statisticians, engineers, and physical scientists.
- Author BiographyThomas P. Ryan , PhD, served on the Editorial Review Board of the Journal of Quality Technology from 1990-2006, including three years as the book review editor. He is the author of four books, all of which are published by Wiley, and he is also an elected Fellow of the American Statistical Association, the American Society for Quality, and the Royal Statistical Society. A former consultant to Cytel Software Corporation, Dr. Ryan currently teaches advanced courses at statistics.com on the design of experiments, statistical process control, and engineering statistics.
- Author(s)Thomas P. Ryan
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2008
- Series TitleWiley Series in Probability and Statistics
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1064 g
- Width155 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.