Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionPeople today have more romantic options than at any point in human history, and thanks to social media, smartphones and online dating, our abilities to connect with these options are staggering. Yet we also have to face new and absurd dilemmas, such as what to think when someone doesn't reply to your text but has time to post a photo of a pizza on Instagram. But this transformation of our romantic lives cant be explained by techlogy alone. Whereas once most people would find a decent person who probably lived in their neighbourhood and marry by the age of 23, today we spend years of our lives on a quest to find our soulmate. While Ansari has long aimed his comedic insight at modern relationships, here he teamed up with award-winning sociologist Eric Klinenberg to research dating cultures from Tokyo to Bues Aires to Paris, crunch the quantitative data and interview some of the world's leading social scientists. The result is an unforgettable tour of the romantic landscape.
- Author BiographyAziz Ansari is a stand-up comedian and an actor who has done four major stand-up tours. He starred as Tom Haverford on the Emmy-nominated comedy Parks and Recreation with Amy Poehler and other great people. Eric Klinenberg is a professor of sociology at NYU. He is the author of Going Solo: The Extraordinary Rise and Suprising Appeal of Living Alone and has contributed to the New Yorker, Rolling Stone, and This American Life.
- Author(s)Aziz Ansari
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication16/06/2015
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllen Lane
- Out-of-print date27/01/2017
- Weight626 g
- Width159 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.