All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA hilarious, thoughtful, and in-depth exploration of thepleasures and perils of modern romance from one of this generation smost popular and sharpest comedic voices At some point, every one of us embarks on ajourney to find love. We meet people, date, getinto and out of relationships, all with the hopeof finding someone with whom we share a deepconnection. This seems standard w, but it swildly different from what people did even justdecades ago. Single people today have moreromantic options than at any point in humanhistory. With techlogy, our abilities to connectwith and sort through these options are staggering.So why are so many people frustrated? Some of our problems are unique to our time. Why did this guy just text me an emoji of a pizza? Should I go out with this girl even though shelisted Combos as one of her favorite snack foods?Combos?! My girlfriend just got a message fromsome dude named Nathan. Who s Nathan? Did hejust send her a photo of his penis? Should I checkjust to be sure? But the transformation of our romantic livescan t be explained by techlogy alone. In a shortperiod of time, the whole culture of finding lovehas changed dramatically. A few decades ago, people would find a decent person who lived intheir neighborhood. Their families would meetand, after deciding neither party seemed like amurderer, they would get married and soon havea kid, all by the time they were twenty-four. Today, people marry later than ever and spend years oftheir lives on a quest to find the perfect person, asoul mate. For years, Aziz Ansari has been aiming hiscomic insight at modern romance, but for ModernRomance, the book, he decided he needed to takethings to ather level. He teamed up with NYUsociologist Eric Klinenberg and designed a massiveresearch project, including hundreds of interviewsand focus groups conducted everywhere fromTokyo to Bues Aires to Wichita. They analyzedbehavioral data and surveys and created their ownline research forum on Reddit, which drewthousands of messages. They enlisted the world sleading social scientists, including Eli Finkel, HelenFisher, Sheena Iyengar, Barry Schwartz, SherryTurkle, and Robb Willer. The result is unlike anysocial science or humor book we ve seen before. In Modern Romance, Ansari combines hisirreverent humor with cutting-edge social scienceto give us an unforgettable tour of our newromantic world.
- Author BiographyAziz Ansari is a stand-up comedian and an actor. He is on his fourth major stand-up tour, which was filmed for his next stand-up special, Aziz Ansari: Live at Madison Square Garden. His last special, Buried Alive, premiered on Netflix in 2013. He currently stars as Tom Haverford on the Emmy-nominated comedy Parks and Recreation with Amy Poehler and other great people. He s appeared in several films as well, including This Is the End, Funny People, and 30 Minutes or Less. He enjoys eating fresh pasta and watching multiple hours of critically acclaimed TV dramas in one sitting.
- Author(s)Aziz Ansari,Eric Klinenberg
- PublisherPenguin Audiobooks
- Date of Publication16/06/2015
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Audiobooks
- Weight136 g
- Width127 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Read byAziz Ansari
- Contained items statement5 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time360
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $33.47Trending at AU $39.19
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.96
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $35.28
- AU $29.61Trending at AU $31.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.