Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.93+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe #1New York Times Bestseller A hilarious, thoughtful, and in-depth exploration of thepleasures and perils of modern romance from one of this generation s sharpest comedic voices At some point, every one of us embarks on ajourney to find love. We meet people, date, getinto and out of relationships, all with the hopeof finding someone with whom we share a deepconnection. This seems standard w, but it swildly different from what people did even justdecades ago. Single people today have moreromantic options than at any point in humanhistory. With techlogy, our abilities to connectwith and sort through these options are staggering.So why are so many people frustrated? Some of our problems are unique to our time. Why did this guy just text me an emoji of a pizza? Should I go out with this girl even though shelisted Combos as one of her favorite snack foods?Combos?! My girlfriend just got a message fromsome dude named Nathan. Who s Nathan? Did hejust send her a photo of his penis? Should I checkjust to be sure? But the transformation of our romantic livescan t be explained by techlogy alone. In a shortperiod of time, the whole culture of finding lovehas changed dramatically. A few decades ago, people would find a decent person who lived intheir neighborhood. Their families would meetand, after deciding neither party seemed like amurderer, they would get married and soon havea kid, all by the time they were twenty-four. Today, people marry later than ever and spend years oftheir lives on a quest to find the perfect person, asoul mate. For years, Aziz Ansari has been aiming hiscomic insight at modern romance, but for ModernRomance, the book, he decided he needed to takethings to ather level. He teamed up with NYUsociologist Eric Klinenberg and designed a massiveresearch project, including hundreds of interviewsand focus groups conducted everywhere fromTokyo to Bues Aires to Wichita. They analyzedbehavioral data and surveys and created their ownline research forum on Reddit, which drewthousands of messages. They enlisted the world sleading social scientists, including Andrew Cherlin, Eli Finkel, HelenFisher, Sheena Iyengar, Barry Schwartz, SherryTurkle, and Robb Willer. The result is unlike anysocial science or humor book we ve seen before. In Modern Romance, Ansari combines hisirreverent humor with cutting-edge social scienceto give us an unforgettable tour of our newromantic world.
- Author BiographyAziz Ansari is a writer, stand-up comedian, and actor. He currently stars in, writes, and directs his own original series for Netflix--Master of None--winner of the 2016 Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Comedy Series. Ansari is also the winner of a 2016 Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series. In 2014, Ansari became the seventh comedian ever to sell out Madison Square Garden in New York. His two sold-out performances at the legendary arena were filmed for his fourth comedy special, Aziz Ansari: Live at Madison Square Garden, which was released in March of 2015 on Netflix. For seven seasons, he starred as Tom Haverford on the beloved NBC comedy series Parks and Recreation with Amy Poehler and other great people. He has also appeared in several films including This Is the End, Funny People, and 30 Minutes or Less. He enjoys eating fresh pasta and watching multiple hours of critically acclaimed television dramas in one sitting. Eric Klinenbergis a professor of sociology at NYU. He's the author ofGoing Solo (Penguin Press) and has contributed to The New Yorker, Rolling Stone, andThis American Life.
- Author(s)Aziz Ansari,Eric Klinenberg
- PublisherPenguin Press
- Date of Publication16/06/2015
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.