All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book questions the way that modern science and techlogy are considered able to liberate society from the erratic forces of nature. Modern science is implicated in a gamble on a techlogical society that will replace the natural world with a 'better' one. The author questions the rationality of this gamble and its implications for our lives.
- Author BiographyKARL ROGERS studied Physics and Philosophy at Lancaster University, UK. He received his PhD in the Philosophy of Science from the University of Bath, UK. He is a Research Fellow in Science Studies at Bath University and is the Co-founder of the John Dewey Center for Democracy and Education, Minneapolis.
- Author(s)Karl Rogers
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication10/10/2006
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight445 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.