Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionAdvancements in boats, tackle, and equipment, as well as changes in the attitudes and ethics of shark fishermen, have revolutionized recreational sharking. Modern Sharking is about sustainable shark fishing, and in this book, anglers will learn the latest techniques for pursuing sharks while armed with rods, reels, and a higher level of kwledge and respect for their quarry. For more than three decades, Captain Mark Sampson stood watch over chum lines, ran shark tournaments, worked with biologists, chased IGFA records, and guided thousands of clients to unique shark encounters. Now Captain, he shares the kwledge and experience that allowed him to guide friends and clients to 17 IGFA world records for sharks. In Modern Sharking, Sampson examines how to chum, rig for, bait, hook, land, clean, cook, or release 20 species of sharks you'll most likely encounter. If you want to challenge one of the strongest, fastest, most exciting creatures on planet Earth, then Modern Sharking is for you.
- Author BiographyMark Sampson is the author of Off Book and several short stories and poems in published literary journals across Canada. He holds a master's degree in English from the University of Manitoba and a journalism degree from the University of King's College. Originally from Prince Edward Island, he currently lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Mark Sampson
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2012
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationAtglen, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note122 b/w photos
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.