All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the impressive techniques and patterns of Lattice or Canadian smocking, with bestselling author and TV presenter Debbie Shore. Soon you will be pinching, pleating and stitching to create textured fabrics for cushions (pillows), bags, and even clothing. It's a little like origami with fabric. Go retro with stalgic velvet smocked cushions, reminiscent of the 50s and 60s. Try the patterns with contemporary fabrics such as denim or hessian. For the fresh country look, select a woven gingham. In Modern Smocking Parts 1 and 2, Debbie has put together 16 patterns, plus ideas for a whole display of smocked cushion covers. She shows clearly how to mark a grid of lines or dots and stitch over that grid to create the various smocking patterns, and gives instructions for how to make a simple zipped cushion cover. Best of all, in these two enhanced ebooks, there is over an hour of embedded video of Debbie demonstrating the techniques. When you are used to the methods you can experiment with different fabrics, mix designs together, and apply the technique to anything from dressmaking to curtains.Modern Smocking Part 1 includes the basic techniques and eight different smocking patterns, all with video demonstrations. Part 2 has a further eight patterns with projects and videos.
- Author BiographyDebbie Shore is a sewing author, actress and presenter for Create and Craft TV. She writes a regular column for a popular UK sewing magazine and produces her own range of instructional DVDs. Her sewing tutorials on YouTube have thousands of subscribers. Debbie's previous books include the bestselling Making Cushion Covers, and the recently published Half Yard Heaven and Sew Bunting.
- E-Publication Description
- Author(s)Debbie Shore
- PublisherVivebooks/Rainbow Disks Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVivebooks/Rainbow Disks Ltd
- Running Time35
Most relevant reviews
- crystal*craftmu...13 Oct, 2016by
Great Smocking Techniques and Patterns, definitely recommend the product.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.