All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on sustainable solid waste management in an urban context and gives an example of how a modern city can work with waste management for increased sustainability in close cooperation with the academy. The book describes challenges which the city is facing and presents a case on how these can be tackled based on several research and development projects performed in the City of Malmo over the last decade. In these projects, the city has worked as a test bed for new solutions, developed with and evaluated by the university. The projects and evaluations of the same have been developed with a multi-dimensional approach; including technical aspects, resource efficiency, ecomic parameters, information strategies towards households and user friendliness. Methods used for evaluation are presented in a comprehensive way together with a discussion on how results from performed evaluations have affected the solid waste management policy making in the city. The book describes a bridging over a commonly ticed gap between research on the one hand and policy making and technical management on the other. Several examples are given on how academy and real life and full-scale developments in the city can have a fruit-full collaboration, where feed-back from evaluation of made changes are used for continuous improvements - at the same time as the actual needs from the city forces the academy to develop new methods for evaluations and develop new solutions to previously un-kwn or un-addressed problems.
- Author BiographyDr. Henrik Aspegren is the Research Director for water, wastewater and solid waste issues at VA SYD, and is also head of the Solid Waste Department at VA SYD. Henrik is originally civil engineer from Lund University in Sweden in 1985 and received his doctorate in the field of biological phosphorus removal from waste water. With a beginning as a process engineer at sewage treatment plants Henrik has expanded his area of competence and Henrik is today mainly involved with projects within sustainable urban development. He was a driving force in the development of the supply concept for the Western Harbour in Malmo Sweden and is working today to develop and improve this concept by participation in new city construction and urban renewal projects with high ambitions, ambitions, in Southern Sweden and abroad. Henrik is responsible for the Lecture portion of the course Decentralised Water and Wastewater Treatment at Lund University. Jes la Cour Jansen is Professor, Water and Environmental Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering Lund University, SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden. His research is focused on advanced wastewater and sludge treatment where the integration of water and waste management has got increased attention during the last years. Jes has a long experience of heading of numerous Danish, Swedish and international projects financed by a great number of different funding bodies. Jes is also director of the program for Advanced Wastewater Treatment in collaboration with Swedish Water and Development. Dr. Anna Bernstad Saraiva Schott has a PhD on the topic of solid waste management and life-cycle assessment from Lund University. Anna also holds a B.Sc in political science with focus on sustainable urban development from Lund University.
- Author(s)Anna Bernstad Saraiva Schott,Henrik Aspegren,Jes la Cour Jansen,Mimmi Bissmont
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2013
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 33 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight177 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.