Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFor use in upper-level courses in Spanish Conversation and Composition, Spanish Conversation, and Intermediate Spanish. This collection of prose works and poetry by famous Hispanic authors features intellectually mature and appealing selections whose brevity and simplicity of style do t require adaptation, simplification, or abridgment. The text is designed to be used after the acquisition of basic grammar and vocabulary; these readings enhance language learning at any level.
- Author BiographyProfessor Gustave W. Andrian graduated from Trinity College with a B.A. in Modern Languages and began his studies for the doctorate in Romance Languages at Johns Hopkins University. While there, he had the great fortune to study with one of the great Spanish poets of the twentieth century, Pedro Salinas. After a hiatus of two-plus years, during which he taught in the Army Specialized Training Program in World War II, and also for a year at the University of Maryland, Andrian returned to Johns Hopkins, and received his doctorate shortly after the war ended. Dr. Andrian accepted a position at Trinity College and spent the rest of his career there. Finding only elementary classes in Spanish, he gradually built a program of studies over the years that led to a major in Spanish. Besides a full teaching load, he established an exchange program with the University of Puerto Rico, an M.A. program in Spanish, and helped to found a study-abroad program in Cordoba, Spain. His own field of concentration while teaching was twentieth century Spanish literature.
- Author(s)Gustave W. Andrian
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication31/08/2006
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Weight331 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.