All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern Swedish Prose in Translation was first published in 1979. Minnesota Archive Editions uses digital techlogy to make long-unavailable books once again accessible, and are published unaltered from the original University of Minnesota Press editions.These excerpts from Swedish prose works - mostly vels - reflect major shifts in mood and style in the 25 years since 1950. Editor Karl Erik Lagerlof traces cultural and political developments in Sweden from the post-World War II era, when writers felt themselves in a world devoid of political meaning and rejected realism as a literary mode, down to the intensely political years of the Vietnam era. The selections in this anthology range from the anti-ideological works of the postwar years to recent documentary methods influenced by Marxism, structuralism, and a renewed political consciousness.
- Author BiographyKarl Erik Lagerlof is a retired scholar and journalist. He lives in Sweden.
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication23/07/1979
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleMinnesota Archive Editions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byKarl Erik Lagerlof
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.