All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionA complete guide to choosing and using the best analytical technique for the job at hand Today's new generation of spectroscopic instrumentation allows for more accurate and varied measurements than ever before. At the same time, increasingly powerful, user-friendly PC hardware and software make running those instruments relative child's play. However, although they may have solved many of the problems traditionally associated with conducting molecular spectroscopic analyses, these refinements tend to obscure inherent technical challenges which, if t taken into consideration, can seriously undermine a research initiative. Modern Techniques in Applied Molecular Spectroscopy gives scientists and technicians the kwledge they need to address those challenges and to make optimal selection and use of contemporary molecular spectroscopic techniques and techlogies. While editor Francis Mirabella and contributors provide ample background information about how and why individual techniques work, they concentrate on practical considerations of crucial concern to researchers working in industry. For each technique covered, they provide expert guidance on method selection, sample preparation, troubleshooting, data handling and analysis, and more. Adhering principally to mid-IR molecular spectroscopic techniques, they clearly describe the guiding principles behind, characteristics of, and suitable applications for transmission spectroscopy, reflectance spectroscopies, photoacoustic spectroscopy, infrared and Raman microspectroscopy, fiber optic techniques, and emission spectroscopy. Modern Techniques in Applied Molecular Spectroscopy is an indispensable working resource for analytical scientists and technicians working in an array of industries.
- Author BiographyFRANCIS M. MIRABELLA is Associate Scientist and Head of the Polymer Physics Group at Equistar Chemicals, LP in Cincinnati, Ohio. Dr. Mirabella is the author or coauthor of three books, including Internal Reflection Spectroscopy: Theory and Applications and Internal Reflection Spectroscopy: Review and Supplement, as well as over 75 journal articles and book chapters.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/04/1998
- Series TitleTechniques in Analytical Chemistry
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight832 g
- Width162 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byFrancis M. Mirabella
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.