All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe magnetism of nuclear spin systems has proved an amazingly fertile ground for the creativity of researchers. This happy circumstance results from the triple benediction that nature appears to have bestowed on nuclear spins: they are sporting spies-being infinitely manipulable (one is even tempted to say malleable), t unduly coy in revealing their secrets, and having a whole treasure house of secrets to reveal in the first place. researcher with Since spin dynamics are w orchestrated by the NMR ever more subtle scores, it is important to be able to tune into the pro- ceedings with precision, if one is to make sense of it at all. Fortunately, it is t terribly difficult to do so, since in many ways spin dynamics are the theoretician's dream come true: they are often finite dimensional and quite tractable with basic quantum mechanics, frequently allowing near- exact treatments and readily testable predictions. This book was conceived two years ago, with the objective of providing a simple, consistent introduction to the description of the spin dynamics that one encounters in modern NMR experiments. We believed it was a good time to attempt this, since it was possible by then to give sufficiently general descriptions of powelful classes of new NMR experiments. The choice of experiments we discuss in detail is necessarily subjective, al- though we hope to have given a flavor of most of the important classes of pulse sequences, including some surface coil imaging applications.
- Author(s)Narayanan Chandrakumar,Sankaran Subramanian
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/06/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight603 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.