All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEverything you ever wanted to kw about modern political theory, but never dared to ask...This book offers a concise introduction to the main ideas and arguments of the major political thinkers of modernity. It considers the following key thinkers: Hobbes, Locke, Bentham, J. S. Mill, Rousseau, Burke, Hegel and Marx. Perhaps the best way to understand the ideas of a thinker is to read from their work. This book devotes each chapter to the main writings of a single thinker, providing excerpts from their work and explaining their views in detail. Readers are t expected to have any previous kwledge of the writings of these eight political philosophers, but by the end they should have a solid grasp of their central ideas. This book serves as an essential guide to some of the most important writings on political philosophy of modern times.
- Author BiographyEvangelia Sembou holds a BA in Politics and History (First Class Honours) from the University of London, an MSc in Social and Political Theory (Distinction) from the University of Edinburgh and a DPhil in Politics from the University of Oxford. She is currently Convenor of the Political Thought Specialist Group of the Political Studies Association of the UK.
- Author(s)Evangelia Sembou
- PublisherPeter Lang Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2013
- Series TitlePeter Lang Ltd.
- Series Part/Volume Number37
- Place of PublicationWitney
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Ltd
- Weight340 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.