All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionModern Written Arabic is a complete reference guide to the grammar of modern written Arabic. The Grammar presents an accessible and systematic description of the language, focusing on real patterns of use in contemporary written Arabic, from street signs to literature. Examples are drawn from authentic texts, both literary and journalistic, published since 1990. This comprehensive work is an invaluable resource for intermediate and advanced students of Arabic and anyone interested in Arabic linguistics and the way modern written Arabic works. Features include: * comprehensive coverage of all parts of speech * full cross-referencing * authentic examples, given in Arabic script, transliteration and translation * a detailed index.
- Author BiographyEl Said Badawi is Professor of Arabic Language and Linguistics at the American University in Cairo. M.G. Carter is Professor of Arabic at the University of Oslo. Adrian Gully is Professor of Arabic Studies at the University of Exeter.
- Author(s)Adrian Gully,El-Said Badawi,Michael Carter
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/11/2003
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleRoutledge Comprehensive Grammars
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables
- Weight1224 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine45 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.