All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten as EU-Russia relations began their swift decline as a result of the Ukrainian crisis, this book examines the nature of these two actors' relationship in respect of their Partnership for Modernisation. The contributing authors look at modernisation through different lenses applying varying methodologies, delivering: historical analysis, ecomic analysis, levels-of-analysis debate, which brings along transnational, transgovernmental and intergovernmental relations and interrelations between the EU and its member states, discourse analysis, new institutionalism as well as policy analysis. The authors each identify the importance of modernisation for Russia, demonstrating why, despite the current state of relations between Moscow and Brussels, modernisation remains relevant for EU-Russian relations. At the same time, the plurality of the chapters shows the complexity of the relationship that will have to be taken into account in order to overcome the current crisis and construct sustainable and mutually beneficial relations.
- Author BiographyMaxine David is Lecturer in European Studies at the University of Surrey. She is a Foreign Policy analyst, specialising in the EU and Russia. She is one of the editors of and a contributing author to National Perspectives on Russia: European Foreign Policy in the Making? (Routledge; 2013). She has also published on gender and the European Neighbourhood Policy and is currently writing a monograph on Putin's foreign policy through the lens of the agency-structure debate. Maxine is also Editor of the Journal of Contemporary European Research. Tatiana Romanova is an associate professor at St Petersburg State University, she holds a Jean Monnet Chair and runs the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence there. She was one of three editors for an edited collection on EU-Russian relations, bringing together Russian and Polish perspectives on various aspects of these relations (EU-Russian Relations; 2012)) and has authored multiple articles and book chapters on EU-Russian relations, including economic cooperation, legal approximation, modernisation, the energy dialogue and restrictive measures.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight453 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byMaxine David,Tatiana Romanova
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.