All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooking at the relationship between modernity and the rise of charismatic leaders, Agnes Horvath uses 'threshold' situations to trace the conditions out of which political regimes developed. The focus on rationalism and structure has led to a systematic neglect of uncertain liminal moments, which gave new direction to societies and cultures.
- Author BiographyAgnes Horvath (PhD in social and political sciences, European University Institute, 2000), sociologist and political scientist, uses anthropological perspectives for understanding the modern society. She is co-founder of International Political Anthropology and affiliated scholar at Cambridge University. Her publications include Senkifoldjen (On the No Man's Land) (Budapest, 1989), The Dissolution of Communist Power (Routledge, 1992), Gli interpreti degli interpreti (Ficino Press, 2008), and Reclaiming Beauty (Ficino Press, 2012), and articles in Hungarian, English, French and Italian.
- Author(s)Agnes Horvath
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication19/02/2013
- Series TitleModernism and...
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight385 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.