All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionModernism and the Spirit of the City offers a new reading of the architectural modernism that emerged and flourished in Europe in the first half of the twentieth century. Rejecting the fashionable postmodernist arguments of the 1980s and '90s which damned modernist architecture as banal and motous, this collection of essays by eminent scholars investigates the complex cultural, social, and religious imperatives that lay below the smooth, white surfaces of new architecture.
- Author BiographyIain Boyd Whyte is Professor of Architectural History at the University of Edinburgh. He has written extensively on early-modernist history and theory, with books on Bruno Taut, Hendrik Petrus Berlage, and the school of Otto Wagner. Among his current projects is an anthology of texts on the German-speaking metropolis, 1880-1940.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/08/2003
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, 23 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byIain Boyd Whyte
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.