All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide provides a clear and concise overview of literature and its context from 1890-1939. This accessible introduction to Modernism and its contexts from 1890-1939 includes: an overview of the historical, cultural and intellectual background including arts, science and philosophy; a survey of the developments in key genres including discussion of major writers and groups including Virginia Woolf, T.S.Eliot, James Joyce and the Bloomsbury group; concise explanations of key terms needed to understand the literature and criticism; a guide to key critical approaches to modernism from contemporary critics to the present; a chrology mapping historical events and literary works; and guided further reading including websites and electronic resources. Introductions to British Literature and Culture provide practical guides to key literary periods. Guides in the series help to orientate students as they begin a new module or area of study, providing concise information on the historical, cultural, literary and critical context and acting as an initial map of the kwledge needed to study the literature and culture of a specific period. Each guide includes an overview of the historical period, intellectual contexts, major genres, critical approaches and a guide to original research and resource materials in the area, enabling students to progress confidently to further study.
- Author BiographyLeigh Wilson is a Lecturer in English at the University of Westminster, UK.
- Author(s)Leigh Wilson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/11/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleIntroductions to British Literature and Culture S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2007
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.63
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.