All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLondon's literary and cultural scene fostered newly configured forms of feminist anticolonialism during the modernist period. Through their writing in and about the imperial metropolis, colonial women authors t only remapped the city, they also renegotiated the position of women within the empire. This book examines the significance of gender to the interwoven nature of empire and modernism. As transgressive figures of modernity, writers such as Jean Rhys, Katherine Mansfield, Una Marson and Sarojini Naidu brought their own versions of modernity to the capital, revealing the complex ways in which colonial identities 'traveled' to London at the turn of the twentieth century. Anna Snaith's original study provides an alternative vantage point on the urban metropolis and its artistic communities for scholars and students of literary modernism, gender and postcolonial studies, and English literature more broadly.
- Author BiographyAnna Snaith is a Reader in Twentieth-Century Literature at King's College London. She holds a BA from the University of Toronto and a PhD from University College London. She is the author of Virginia Woolf: Public and Private Negotiations (2000), editor of Palgrave Advances in Virginia Woolf Studies (2007) and co-editor of Locating Woolf: The Politics of Space and Place (with Michael Whitworth, 2007). She recently edited Virginia Woolf's The Years for the Cambridge University Press Edition of the Works of Virginia Woolf (2012).
- Author(s)Anna Snaith
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/02/2014
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.