All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Modernity and Terrorism, Zafirovski and Rodeheaver analyse the nature, types and causes of contemporary global terrorism. The book redefines modern terrorism in a vel and more comprehensive manner compared to previous literature. It examines counter-state and state terrorism. The authors emphasise the latter in light of its scale, persistence and intensity, as well as its relative neglect in the literature. In essence, their findings show that anti-liberalism in the form of conservatism as the main source and force of modern terrorism.
- Author BiographyMilan Zafirovski: Ph.D. (1999), Florida International University, is Professor of Sociology at the University of North Texas. He has published books and articles in sociology and economics, including The Destiny of Modern Societies (2009) and Liberal Modernity and its Adversaries (2007). Daniel G. Rodeheaver: Ph.D. (1990), University of Georgia, is Associate Professor and Department Chair of Sociology at the University of North Texas. He has published books, articles and and monographs in sociology and criminology/criminal justice, including Militias in the New Millennium (2004).
- Author(s)Daniel G. Rodeheaver,Milan Zafirovski
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleStudies in Critical Social Sciences
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 52
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Weight563 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.