All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume of the Trilogy of Traditional Foods, part of the ISEKI Food Series, describes important aspects of the production of foods and beverages from all over the globe. The intention of this volume is to provide readers with an appreciation of how products were initially made, and which factors have shaped their development over time. Some modern products have remained local, while others are commodities that appear in peoples' cabinets all over the world. Modernization of Traditional Food Processes and Products is divided into two sections. The first section focuses on products originating in Europe, while the second section is a collection of products from the rest of the world. Each chapter describes the origin of a particular food or beverage and discusses the changes and the science that led to the modern products found on supermarket shelves. The international List of Contributors, which includes authors from China, Thailand, India, Argentina, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom, attests to the international collaboration for which the ISEKI Food Series is kwn. The volume is intended for both the practicing food professional and the interested reader.
- Author BiographyAnna McElhatton is a Senior lecturer and Head of the Department of Food Studies in the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Malta. Anna McElhatton has an undergraduate degree in Pharmacy, an M.A. in Bioethics from the University of Malta and, M.Phil and PhD from the Queen's University of Belfast in Northern Ireland. Her main research interests include food safety (of dairy products), modernization of traditional foods, sensory aspects of food preference, and ethical issues in research. Mustapha Missbah El Idrissi is Professor of general Microbiology at the Ecole Normale Superieure at Mohammed V University of Rabat (UM5R), Morocco. He is responsible of the Master degree Biotechnology and Environment . He was a senior lecturer of Food Microbiology for over twenty years at Mohamed Premier University in Oujda and moved to Rabat to teach general microbiology at UM5R. His main research include legumes improvement through biological nitrogen fixation with rhizobia. The molecular characterization of bacteria in different ecosystems is also one of his research interests. About the Series Editor Kristberg Kristbergsson is Professor of Food Science at the Department of Food Science and Nutrition at the University of Iceland. Dr. Kristbergsson has a BS in Food Science from the Department of Chemistry at the University of Iceland and earned his MS, M. Phil and PhD in Food Science from Rutgers University. His research interests include physicochemical properties of foods, new processing methods for sea foods, modernization of traditional food processes, safety and environmental aspects of food processing, extrusion cooking, shelf-life and packaging, biopolymers in foods and delivery systems for bioactive compounds.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/02/2016
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleIntegrating Food Science and Engineering Knowledge into the Food Chain
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, 45 colour illustrations, 32 black & white tables, 14 colour tables, biography
- Weight514 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAnna McElhatton,Mustapha Missbah El Idrissi
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.