All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionValentine Moghadam's seminal study of the gendered nature of political and social processes in the Middle East and North Africa has been fully updated to reflect more than a decade of major changes. This new edition reflects an emphasis on the impacts of both globalization and democratization. It also includes entirely new chapters on the gender dynamics of conflicts in the region, on women and the Arab Spring, and on the achievements of women's rights movements. The result is an indispensable contribution to our understanding of current popular struggles for modernity, democratisation, and meaningful citizenship.
- Author BiographyValentine M. Moghadam is professor of sociology and director of the International Affairs Program at Northeastern University, USA. Her numerous publications include Globalization and Social Movements: Islamism, Feminism, and the Global Justice Movement and Globalizing Women: Gender, Globalization, and Transnational Feminist Movements (winner of the APSA Victoria Schuck Award).
- Author(s)Valentine M. Moghadam
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.