Modified Amino Acids, Organocatalysis and Enzymes: Modified Amino Acids, Organocatalysis and Enzymes by Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $314.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $210.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the second of five books in the Ami Acids, Peptides and Proteins in Organic Synthesis series. Closing a gap in the literature, this is the only series to cover this important topic in organic and biochemistry. Drawing upon the combined expertise of the international who's who in ami acid research, these volumes represent a real benchmark for ami acid chemistry, providing a comprehensive discussion of the occurrence, uses and applications of ami acids and, by extension, their polymeric forms, peptides and proteins. The practical value of each volume is heightened by the inclusion of experimental procedures. The 5 volumes cover the following topics: Volume 1: Origins and Synthesis of Ami Acids Volume 2: Modified Ami Acids, Orgacatalysis and Enzymes Volume 3: Building Blocks, Catalysis and Coupling Chemistry Volume 4: Protection Reactions, Medicinal Chemistry, Combinatorial Synthesis Volume 5: Analysis and Function of Ami Acids and Peptides Clearly structured in three main sections, this second volume in the series begins with the synthesis and chemistry of modified ami acids. The second part deals with the catalysis of reactions by ami acids, while the final section is devoted to enzymes, including proteases as catalysts, semisynthetic enzymes, catalysis by peptide-based enzyme models, substrate and protein recognition, as well as mammalian and insect peptide hormones. Originally planned as a six volume series, Ami Acids, Peptides and Proteins in Organic Chemistry w completes with five volumes but remains comprehensive in both scope and coverage. Further information about the 5 Volume Set and purchasing details can be viewed here.
- Author BiographyAndrew Hughes is a reader and Head of the Department of Chemistry at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia. He obtained his degrees from the University of Western Australia, before taking up post-doctoral appointments at the University of Cambridge starting 1989. After three years working with Professor Andrew Holmes, he joined Professor Steven Ley's group. While at Cambridge he was appointed the Shell Research Fellow at Robinson College. His interests lie in the general field of asymmetric synthesis and methodology, with a recent focus on amino acid chemistry.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication23/09/2009
- Series TitleAmino Acids, Peptides and Proteins in Organic Chemistry (VCH)
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight1458 g
- Width181 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Series Edited byAndrew B. Hughes
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.