All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe true story of a city is often best told through its architecture. The story of Mogadishu frequently reduced to one of conflict and destruction is beautifully revealed in Mogadishu: Lost Moderns. In this book, Somali-British architect Rashid Ali and British photographer Andrew Cross present a fresh and uncommon portrait of the Somalian city, revealing how its architecture has reshaped and defined it from colonization to independence and from antiquity to modernism as one of the most important cities in the Horn of Africa. Richly illustrated with both archival and specially commissioned photos of the city, this book highlights a Mogadishu never before seen at least t quite like this.
- Author BiographyRashid Ali is a lecturer in architecture and urbanism at the University of Liverpool School of Architecture. Andrew Cross is associate lecturer in photography at Southampton Solent University.
- PublisherMu'assasah 'Abd-al-Muhsin al-Qattan
- Date of Publication07/03/2014
- Place of PublicationRamallah
- Country of PublicationPalestinian Territory, Occupied
- ImprintMu'assasah 'Abd-al-Muhsin al-Qattan
- Width280 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Photographs byAndrew Cross
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.