All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume reproduces artist Mohan Samants erotic sketches, about which he had said, There are two distinct processes in the creation of poetry, music, and painting. One is the achievement of near-perfect craftsmanship ( disregard for that) and the other is an intense, painful, internal striving that reaches outward to culminate in forms kwn or unkwn. This condition could be erotic and at times could create a very destructive tension and confusing madness but given a motor power of a great visionary artist, it could create a Mahakali in person. In fact there is such thing as professionalism in a great work of art. Only craftsmen become professionals.
- Author BiographyDr. Marcella Sirhandiis an art historian and curator. She is professor emerita, Oklahoma State University, and has published extensively on modern and contemporary South Asian art.Jeffrey Wechsler, former Senior Curator of the Zimmerli Art Museum, is the author of numerous publications, including Asian Traditions, Modern Expressions: Asian American Artists and Abstraction, 1945-1970.
- Author(s)Mohan Samant
- PublisherGrantha Corporation
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrantha Corporation
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight1998 g
- Width247 mm
- Height302 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.