All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDinner: A cracking black comedy that has you laughing uproariously one moment and jumping with shock the next...For those with strong stomachs, Dinner offers a delicious feast of comedy and the macabre. (Daily Telegraph Dying for It). A subversive Russian classic: one that addresses the ultimate question of why live (Guardian). The play, freely adapted by Moira Buffini, presents a glorious gallery of comic types. (Independent Welcome to Thebes). It's thrilling. Moira Buffini's strange and daring play is moving, wise, funny, horrifying...Full of resonances you weren't expecting, jokes you didn't see coming...It raises huge questions with wit. (The Times). This book was the handbagged winner of the 2014 Olivier Award for outstanding achievement in an Affiliate Theatre. A phemen. (Sunday Telegraph). Perfectly pitched between the comic and the serious. (Guardian).
- Author BiographyMoira Buffini's plays include Blavatsky's Tower (Machine Room), Gabriel (Soho Theatre), Silence (Birmingham Rep), Loveplay (Royal Shakespeare Company), Dinner (National Theatre and West End), Dying for It, adapted from The Suicide by Nikolai Erdman (Almeida), A Vampire Story (NT Connections), Marianne Dreams (Almeida Theatre) and Welcome to Thebes (National Theatre). She lives in London with her husband and children.
- Author(s)Moira Buffini
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight408 g
- Width130 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.77Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.