All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mojave Desert eco-region extends from eastern California to rthwestern Arizona, southern Nevada, and southwestern Utah, and boasts plant communities as diverse as alkali sinks, dune systems, Joshua tree woodland, pinyon juniper woodland, mixed mojave scrub, and even riparian woodland. This fully updated and revised edition will be appreciated t only by amateur wildflower enthusiasts, but experts will also find the detailed photographs and charts useful in distinguishing among similar species in difficult groups. Species are arranged by color and plant family for easy identification. This guide features 300 of the common species, full-color photographs (many brand new to this edition), detailed descriptions, information on bloom season, and interesting facts about each plant.
- Author BiographyPam MacKay teaches population and environmental biology, botany, microbiology, and tropical natural history courses at Victor Valley Community College in Victorville, California. She is involved in Mojave Desert conservation efforts, and has been instrumental in founding the new Mojave Desert Chapter of the California Native Plant Society where she currently serves as Field Trip Chair. She serves as a volunteer naturalist for the Golden Trout Natural History Association, leading hikes and natural history workshops in the backcountry of the southern high Sierra. Pam has a Master of Science degree in biology from Cal Poly Pomona and is also enrolled in a doctorate program in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of California at Riverside. Her favorite past-times include hiking, backpacking, and photography.
- Author(s)Pam Mackay
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Series TitleWildflower Series
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight42 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.