All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough much is kwn with respect to blood cell formation and function, many new concepts in the areas of the regulation of hematopoietic stem cell commitment and the subsequent survival, proliferation, and differentiation of progenitors have been elucidated in the last five years. Our understanding of the microenvironment where stem cells reside and commit to distinct blood types (the niche) has grown significantly in recent years. Furthermore, blood cells have been used as the key model system to study microRNA function and the role of microRNAs in the transformation of rmal cells into cancer cells. The current volume Molecular Basis of Hematopoiesis, edited by Amittha Wickrema & Barbara Kee, provides the most recent developments in the area in addition to a chapter on the utilization of basic science kwledge for the treatment of blood diseases. Each chapter in this book has been written and edited by faculty in major academic and research institutions around the world, who are pushing the frontiers of research in this important area.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/12/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight571 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAmittha Wickrema,Barbara Kee
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.