All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionForage and turf are the backbone of sustainable agriculture and contribute extensively to the world ecomy. The fast-paced advancement of cellular and molecular biology provides vel methods to accelerate or complement conventional breeding efforts. This book contains the most comprehensive reviews on the latest development in applications of molecular techniques for the improvement of forage grasses, forage legumes and turf grasses. Detailed accounts and future opportunities in molecular breeding of forage and turf, from gene discovery to development of improved cultivars, are described in the book. Almost all relevant areas are explored in detail, including tolerance to biotic and abiotic stresses; flowering control; plant-symbiont relations; breeding for animal, human and environmental welfare; molecular markers; transgenics; bioinformatics; population genetics; gemics of the model legume M. truncatula; field testing and risk assessment as well as intellectual property rights. This book will be of interest to researchers in both academia and industry who are involved in forage and turf improvement. It will be especially important to breeders, molecular biologists, geneticists, physiologists and agromists.
- Author(s)Andrew Hopkins
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/02/2004
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleDevelopments in Plant Breeding
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 11
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note87 black & white illustrations, 12 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight873 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byMary Sledge,Reed E. Barker,Rouf Mian,Zeng-Yu Wang
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.